Monday, March 16, 2009

Skip*Hop

Apparently the first company to design diaper bags that convert into stroller bags, SkipHop, hailing from New York City has very up-to-date designs and oh-so-tough materials. They are light, spacious and most of all, very thoughtful to the probably bumbling mom or dad with bawling baby. I love their padded straps, hidden magnet fasteners and skillful design of strap buckles.







I first laid eyes on the CityChic at First Few Years @Paragon. I thought the fact that they had a removable clutch for mommy was ingenious! Together with its matte laminated surface, I could mindlessly lay the bag anywhere without worrying about icky stuff that wetwipes cannot remove. The insides were all tough nylon. I found it chic and in a color that perhaps even my hubby would have no problems togging it around.
So, being the OC that I am, would I be satisfied with 1 bag?! Hell no! Although the CityChic was great, it was rather a tad too big for shorter errands with lesser needs. So I went back to SkipHop, still too proud to succumb to other brands and got the Duo Deluxe Edition. Same coolness as the previous but smaller and used as a sling. Somehow it could be due to the shape but this one always gives me the feeling that it's a tad lighter than the Citychic despite carrying the same stuff. Have not had any regrets from both till now.

Other diaper bags I've checked out were either too heavy to begin with (LV, Coach), weren't real diaper bags but huge bags instead (Prada, Le Pliage, any large tote) or had materials (and price!) too fragile for a baby bag (Kate spade). The bags are priced from $200 odd but it's well worth every cent. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment